Just a three minutes’ drive from the old Brig O’ Dee stands our architectural Jewel well hidden behind our Estate’s old, venerable trees… Thanks to the work of thousands of hands over the period of a thousand and more years we are blessed with this beautiful place: the house, the gardens, the woods and fields that surround us.
The main house was built by Alexander Thomson, and designed by architect John Smith aka Tudor Johnny in 1837.
●About the picture: Beannachar in the nineties, two strawbale buildings have since been added: our Games’ Room, and the New Office.
This is a new page on our website, made especially for Doors Open Days 2020.
This is an introduction to further history articles to appear on this site that we intend to publish in the future.